Photobucket

Home is Tennessee... NOT where the army sends us, I lied!!!!

Well, it is official!! John is a Colonel!!  Yesterday was his promotion and we were so thankful to have so many family members (and friends) there!  So thankful COL Thompson agreed to let him "pin on" a tad early to allow him to be with his Nightstalker family and those that have seen his career through the years, his friends, brothers.  Annabelle and I were scheduled to do the "pinning" of John's new rank but she got a bit of stage fright.. Good thing Carolyn Sr. was there to help!  Addison was a crazy maniac the whole time, running around and yelling/talking/laughing... you name it, she was doing it!  She finally made her way to John while he was speaking and as soon as he picked her up she exclaims "HELP!"  and back down she went.  It was very cute, despite the stress it caused us. 

After the ceremony the family came over to hang out for one last time.  Mom, Dad, Randy, Sharelle, Craven, Caroline, Gran and Odie. We talked, played and got to say goodbye without too many tears.... but a few were shed especially as I watched mom and dad drive away.  Heart, don't break. 

So many lasts...

I must talk about the tears.  I have been crying about this move for months now. I am both very excited and very sad at the same time.  I hear others say they enjoy living apart from their family and that makes me really sad.  I LOVE my family and LOVE living close to them. Truly, I have a very hard time imagining being more than an hour away.. suppose this is going to change in about a week!   I love that my mom is my best friend and that my children truly love seeing them.  As well my brother, sister in law and nephew.  I have wanted to move and see what is out there for years now, back in my 30's, before children... but now my feelings are slightly different.   I still want to see what is out there and I truly am very excited about Rhode Island but I know I will always want to come home to TN or at least NC or AL.... somewhere in the southeast!  Others may say living in RI or even Washington is wonderful and we will love it, I have no doubt but I also have no doubt that my home is here in the southeast... despite the heat and humidity!

Bottom line, I am terrified something is going to happen to one of my parents and I am not going to be an hour away.  Not going to be able get in the car and be there in a matter of minutes.  I suppose it is a control thing? maybe... The way I see it, it is time for me to help take care of my parents as they have taken care of me for so many years, and still do.  Not that they are in need of taking care of but I want to be near, just in case.  

This is primarily the source of my tears.  I love my friends and will miss them as well but not like my family.  I will miss knowing everything about my surroundings BUT, having said that... I do believe this has restricted our adventures... having been here for 40 years I assume I have seen it all... not so for Rhode Island and Washington!   This I am very much looking forward to seeing, really seeing the new locations. 

It is Tuesday, the packers are here as I type... The girls, Gran and Odie left this morning.  All I hear is tape being pulled and torn and the chatter of three fella's in an accent I can only assume a white rapper might use...  interesting to say the least.. the things they talk about..  *Funny.... the main fella's phone just rang and guess what?  Emenem's song "not afraid" is his ringer!!! haha  *  made me laugh, through my tears.

John just came to get "Monty", loaded to the max for our trip and is going to pick up lunch for me and the boys... 

I feel pretty lazy sitting here on the couch while they pack... but they are getting paid and I am not! 

One more sleep here at 1764 then off to a hotel for two nights. 

The cats aren't happy.

I love you all

The rental cabin in the Smoky Mts...